The hotel director is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel – from strategic decisions through business and fulfillment of the hotel to operational activities. A hotel director is in charge of managing every aspect of a hotel. This job requires the director to handle everything from sales to hospitality, to facilities management and personnel. A Career in Hotel Management job varies in scope depending on the size of the rooming house and the staff on hand, but in most cases, the director is the central figure making all the important decisions.
Hospitality also takes a great deal of time for a hotel director. Whenever there is an unhappy customer or a complaint, the director must frequently work as a mediator to research the issue and, if action is necessary, take the steps to correct any wrong. An example would be talking to a customer whose stay did not meet expectations, finding out if the hotel should have met those demands, and offering the customer compensation for this mistake. Hospitality is not all bad news, though, because a director can also be in charge of planning special events, like customer appreciation days.
Join Heritage Institute of Hotel & Tourism to gain eligibility educational criteria to become Hotel Manager
Eligibility to become Hotel Director
Candidates who are looking for a career as a Hotel Director can check the eligibility criteria provided below.
Candidates who are looking for a job as a Hotel Director must have completed a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in hotel management. The eligibility criteria will be different for all the companies. Candidates can check the job description of the company to know more details. Those who have completed a diploma or have a certificate in hotel management may also look for a job as a Hotel direct. Learn Hotel Management with HIHT World is Best Hotel Management Institute in India.
Candidates who have one or two years of experience will be preferred for a career as a Hotel director. Those who are new to the hotel management industry may gain some experience by working as a trainee or enroll in any certification or training program. Minimum of 6 years related experience within cruise lines, resorts, or Hotels with proven managerial experience to direct managers and staff; 2-3 years experience as Hotel Director, General Manager, Associate Hotel Director preferred.
Candidates should have some additional skills apart from the academic qualifications in order to have a successful career as a Hotel Director. Some of the required skills for this profile are:
- Creativity and originality
- Presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
Also Read:- The Key Qualities of a Good Hotel Manager
Plans, coordinates, and controls the operation of the Hotel organization. Directs the function of all Hotel personnel through the management of department heads.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within the corporate standards.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Implements the business and operating budget plans to ensure an on-going basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential, and profitability.
- Ensures the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement throughout the vessel and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Continually encourages teamwork and cooperation between all Hotel shipboard employees and Marine shipboard employees.
- Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables.
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and management.
- Maintains a high level of communication with shore side managers involving various auditing and reporting requirements.
Feel free to visit our site for more details – Online Registration Form
Heritage Institute of Hotel & Tourism
Agra & Shimla