The hospitality industry has many career and job opportunities for all types of people and personalities. Over the years we’ve looked at various job titles and their descriptions to establish out what it is that people do in hospitality. In case you need a refresher, take a look at the organisational structure of a hotel and who works where in the system. Today we’re going to find out what it means to be the hotel’s smile: the Front Office Manager. Visit: IHM in Agra
A hotel Front Office Manager is tasked with the efficient and smooth running of the entire front desk operation, as well as the staff who work there. This senior role is designed to oversee, manage and support various administrative, staffing and guest related queries. The Front Office Manager typically trains reception and reservations staff and is the communicator between this valuable department and the General Manager or owner. It is a very busy role which often requires a lot of multi-tasking. Learn all this multi tasking at Heritage Institute of Hotel & Tourism Shimla.
Night auditors, concierges, receptionists, cashiers and bellmen typically report to the Front Office Manager, who in turn reports directly to the General Manager. It is a very hands-on role and requires a confident leader who is not afraid to make important decisions. The Front Office Manager must be skilled enough to lead a team, support other departments and ensure that each and every guest has a memorable experience.
Front Office Managers Must:
- Have excellent communication skills both on the phone, in writing and in person
- Have diplomacy to handle difficult situations with a level head
- Have the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Must have the ability to make decisions without fear
This is a very rewarding career as it offers supervisors and managers a chance to learn how to face challenges and grow in their managerial skills on a daily basis. No two days are the same – it’s an action-packed adventure career that requires a level-headed, organised and service-orientated individual to head it all up. Heritage Institute works on the overall development of a student so that he can further attain his life goal.
Various front office jobs are available in resorts, hotels, game lodges, cruise ships, spas, golf clubs and many more venues. There is always a need for qualified front office staff to work both locally and abroad. Job progression includes Rooms Division Manager, Assistant General Manager or General Manager.
Please fill the Online Registration Form:
Front Office Manager responsibilities include:
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. Ie flash report, allowance etc.
Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism helps you to be a Successful Front Office Manager.
About the Author:
Heritage Institute of hotel & Tourism
Agra & Shimla