Attitude Is Everything In Hospitality Industry “It is easy to train someone to do a job, but it’s very hard to train someone with a poor attitude to be highly motivated. Attitude is something that an individual should develop within.
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain. The most significant change in a person’s life is a change of attitude. Right attitudes produce right actions A positive thought is the seed of a positive result & the right result. If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop except you.
Heritage Institute Of Hotel & Tourism plants a seed of positivity in every student and nurtures them to be a good Hotelier. Students, please fill the Online Registration Form:
TYPES OF ATTITUDES
Sir Winston Churchill has said that” Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference”. It is very important to know about different types of attitudes because of their importance in our life. Attitudes are primarily our response to people, places, things, or events in life. It can be referred to as a person’s viewpoint, mindset, beliefs, etc. Our attitude towards people, places, things, or situations determines the choices that we make.
Attitude is composed of three components, which include:
- Cognitive Component: Basically, the cognitive component is capable of being reduced to empirical factual knowledge.
- Emotional Component: It is based on feelings.
- Behavioral Component: It replicates and reflects our behavior.
Types of Attitude
Positive Attitude: The Persons, who will be possessing positive behavior, will explore good things in others and will not go after negativity. This type of attitude is comprised of the following things;
- People with positive attitudes move forward with confidence and optimism.
- They remain happy and cheerful.
- Their dealings with others are comprised of Sincerity.
- They are blessed with a sense of responsibility.
- They remain flexible in their approach.
- They remain determined in their tasks.
- They are the most Reliable persons.
- Tolerance is another hallmark of their personality.
- On account of their flexibility, they remain Willing to adapt according to new challenges and situations.
- They are very modest and keep themselves in a low profile, even though they are not low profiled.
- Such persons exercise a great degree of diligence.
Negative Attitude: Such types of persons will always be searching for weaker elements of other’s personality and are not inclined towards positive elements. Their focus remains on bad people and avoids good People… Also, they are likely to complain about changes, rather than adapting to the changing environment. Also, they might blame their failure on others.
Neutral Attitude: Such types of persons are very balanced in their approach. They remain indifferent to problems and wait for others’ intervention regarding resolutions. Such type of persons remains self-satisfied and complacent. Their attitude is composed of indifference and detachment. Another striking element of their attitude is the serene and unemotional type of posture which makes them very balanced.
Here are some ways to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace, regardless of whether it comes naturally or not:
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Fill your mind with positive input.
- Control your language.
- Create a routine for the day.
- Be nice to other people.
- Don’t rely on an outside source of positivity.
- Create high points in each day and week.
- Assume responsibility, and choose your response.
- Decide your reaction to known problems ahead of time.
- Make a mission statement.
Attitude is key to providing quality services in the hospitality industry as they want to give their guests the best experience available. So, if you have commitment, great people skills, exceptional attention to detail, leadership and teamwork skills, and contagious enthusiasm and attitude, you could be considered a highly valued candidate for employment in the hospitality industry.
Heritage Institute Of Hotel and tourism- the Best Hotel Management College in UP teaches all the required set of skills to be a hotelier.
About the Author:
Heritage Institute of Hotel & Tourism
Agra & Shimla